Thread: 350M latency (Ping )
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019, 08:30   #24
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Re: latency (Ping )

Quote:
Originally Posted by adduxi View Post
I think these request for ports 53 (DNS) 80 (HTTP) and 443 (HTTPS) come about from "XBox Live". If you read the posts on the VM Help Forums, lots of people are getting angry that they can't forward these ports on the Hub's ....
At least that's my understanding, as I've always used Modem mode and my own Routers.
I have port-forwarded on my router for Battlefield 5 (PC) This make no difference to latency or the number of times my son's lose connection with EA servers. You can't make a purse out of a sow's ear. VM is no good for gaming because of high latency and jitter. My kids can't wait for Vodaphone FTTP to arrive in our street. It's rolling out in Coventry.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote