View Single Post
Old 23-06-2019, 23:42   #6
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Iran-US crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
I think Donny deserves some credit on this occasion, so what if the planes were or weren't in the air when he changed his mind, people are still alive now and that's the main thing imo
It doesn’t sit quite right with me. I mean yes, obviously it’s better that 150 people just going about their day jobs haven’t been blown to hell, but as for Trump’s motivation? I keep thinking about the scene in Schindler’s List where the concentration camp commandant who is partial to randomly shooting inmates from his office window, just because he can, decides not to shoot one after being persuaded that the true measure of power is compassion and restraint. In that case, it was an appeal to his vanity that caused him to stay his hand, but his true nature reasserted itself soon enough and the next prisoner he spotted, got shot dead, just because he could.

I think Trump is known for acts of narcissism, not for acts of compassion.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote