View Single Post
Old 06-08-2021, 13:32   #314
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
On the contrary Old Boy I’m not the only person on the forum who has difficulty with your loose interpretation of what is actually quite straightforward terminology.

You are leaving the door open to linear broadcasts continuing over IPTV (indeed, even cite from time to time Pluto TV) to allow you to claim successfully predicting what life would be like in 2035 if a substantially different, and much more likely outcome happens.
You know what, I couldn’t care less.

There will no longer be a miriad of channels such as ITV1, ITV2, ITV3, ITV4, ITV Be, etc. It will just be ITV with content categorised. Sky is already running with this by categorising its channels by subject or type. When Sky is fully IPTV, the content on these channels will easily fit into these new categories. Stick to that concept and you might finally grasp the argument.

Scripted content will not be scheduled. EastEnders, for example will be added at the same time of day as all the rest of the scripted content for that day, possibly at 6am. EPGs will cease to exist, although there will be a means of seeing when live sports coverage, etc, will be available, as there is now.

Whether you want to call that linear or shmilear, I really have no concern whatsoever.

---------- Post added at 13:32 ---------- Previous post was at 13:25 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Have they? That's news to me.
Yes, this is one reference to it, but I think I read it previously on the VM Community Forum.

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/ne...o-the-platform

[EXTRACT]

New Virgin TV 360 set-top box will finally add Disney Plus to the platform

One of the most exciting tidbits we managed to get from Virgin Media, though, was the arrival of Disney Plus. The Disney streaming app launched in the UK back in March, and has been noticeably missing from Virgin Media boxes so far.

A representative for Virgin Media told us in a briefing that “As of next year I'm very confident we will have [Disney Plus] on the platform”.

Last edited by OLD BOY; 06-08-2021 at 13:37.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote