View Single Post
Old 06-08-2021, 10:02   #305
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
I'm guessing no news on Disney+ app coming to virgin? Is it still sky exclusive. I think that would be perfect. Though if WWE network goes to Peacock i'd like that too!
Virgin Media has already confirmed that Disney+ is coming to 360 boxes this year. Not sure about the V6s - VM might try to use the streamer as a carrot to persuade people to switch.

There are no clues about Peacock other than the fact that Sky will get the free version first. Hopefully, VM viewers will get the app a little later.

---------- Post added at 10:02 ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Okay Mystic Meg.

By definition I can only see the present with my “very eyes”. Your projections for the future are merely that - speculative, often based on what you desire to happen rather than the likelihood of them happening. Economics - which underpins the great capitalist endeavour - would indicate you are much further than you opine.

I’m still waiting on whether linear television as understood by the rest of the forum over IPTV is linear by your own definition. Which as we all know would significantly negate your ability to further shift the goalposts as you have done before.
Oh, for heaven's sake, jfman, why are you finding this so difficult to grasp? Your obsession with the word 'linear' is obscuring the actual point I am making, which is that content will move to IPTV and it will be accessible from a catelogue of programmes, much like Netflix, and not categorised by a huge list of channels. That is all I am saying. Given that 'linear TV' strictly speaking means live TV as well as TV brought to you by schedule as the channels do now, then of course linear TV will still exist. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to watch live sport, for example. However all other programmes will be on demand.

As I have explained on many occasions, I used the nomenclature 'linear TV' to describe our existing traditional TV channels back in 2015. This was how the media were referring to them at that time. Some still are to this day.

So please, jfman, cut this out for future reference, pin it on your wall in the cupboard under the stairs and let's move on.