View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 18:49   #13
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Best Router to Use with Home Hub 3

the 86u is defo better and I wanted it myself when I was router hunting, I just didn't have the $$$ at the time. Technically it has faster wifi (not that you'll use it) and the wan to lan throughput is an extra 100mbits (>900) but you won't be using that either. The wifi is great and I have no problems getting max wan connection speed on my ac capable devices which is ~350mbits.

One other thing you can think of though if you have got cables running to other rooms of the house as roughbeast has already suggested is putting a wireless router in there. Asus routers are awesome and have different modes you can use them in and you can specifically set to them serve as a wireless access point and use AI Mesh to create a mesh wifi network to work in conjunction with another Asus router. If I was you I would get the AC68u and have it on one side of the house (upstairs/downstairs) as your main router and get this to use as a wireless access point and have it on the other side of the house upstairs/downstairs.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote