View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 16:21   #2156
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
He wasn't found guilty of anything by the House - they submitted a resolution to impeach him on two grounds - perjury to a grand jury, and obstruction of justice - and then they were approved.

Impeachment is a political process, being found guilty of something is a legal process (impeachment can lead to further legal proceedings, but in itself is not a legal process).

Once the bill had passed though the House, it went to the Senate for an impeachment trial (actually overseen by a Judge) - they did not get a super-majority of votes required to find him guilty (67 out of 100) - it was 45-55 on one charge, 50-50 on the other (5 Republicans voted with the Democrats on that one).

So Clinton was acquitted, and that means, no matter how many times you say it, he wasn't found guilty.
He was found guilty of two counts via the votes that’s the same thing- you never learn that I stand by what I say!! Clinton was guilty!

---------- Post added at 16:21 ---------- Previous post was at 16:19 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Wow can't give a meaningful response so starting to insult or at least attempt to is really mature.
Wow nothing. If you cannot accept the facts that’s not my problem. Obtuse or TDS, great description for many folk in this dying topic, time to close it soon, me thinks.