View Single Post
Old 12-09-2018, 21:38   #2100
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
If things get really desperate there are 48 '+1' channels (again, on their website not from a scan). By that point I'm sure the V6 would be well established and between six tuners and on demand I'm not sure the majority of +1s will justify their existence. An outdated idea going back to single tuners and the terrestrials trying to corner Freeview.
Sorry, but disagree on the +1s. I find them very useful in my household.

Not everything is on catchup and you can't record a whole programme if its already started, hence the need for the +1s and besides, not everyone has a recordable box yet.

On the 30 SD channels/space issue, on satellite, these take up about 3 slots (or channels/transport streams) so would not save much space on VM either. However, I agree that they should be axed as they're pointless now.

I would assume that if people can afford cable tv, they most probably would have a hd set too, including secondary bedroom/kids tv sets too.