View Single Post
Old 16-11-2019, 14:58   #3
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: V6 box reviewed in The Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Guardian has obviously just woken up to the fact Virgin have a new box - only 3 years too late.
I agree that the UI is outdated and old fashioned, but I must say that I don't think the other downsides identified are of any concern to most people. It makes great play of the lack of Sky UHD material but ignores the fact that this will be rectified early next year. The omission of the Sky Atlantic channel is annoying, but those of us who want to see that material have found other ways to do it. And the statement that you cannot access Game of Thrones on the V6 is wrong, because it is available from the Virgin Store, albeit on a PPV basis.

All in all, I prefer Virgin's system to that of Sky, with their swish new interface. My wife still struggles to work out how the Sky Q menu system works; you can only record from the main box and whereas VM viewers can find alternative ways of viewing SA, Sky viewers cannot access Virgin's Ultra High Definition channel. Amazon Prime isn't available yet on Q either.

At £99, the total VM bundle I have represents excellent value, particularly when I recall that I was paying £120-ish every month with BT in the 1990s.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote