Old 04-11-2019, 20:50   #6
ash45
cf.member

Services: Gig1
ash45 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Can i upgrade to 500Mbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsinky View Post
actually only 62 quid. i am paying 50 quid now. will they allow me to switch from a residential customer to a business customer? whats the new hitron router like? i take it i stick with 1 dynamic ip address?
Oh its gone down since i looked other day keep in mind VM business pricing is exclusive for VAT my bills £75 after all VAT and craps been added on lol,

Yes you can keep the dynamic ip option or add static ones if you please,

As long as ya not in contract you should have no problem switching over, VM contracts are not changeable mid contract between residential / business though oddly enough they do allow you to have both at the same time if thats something you want to spend the dosh on, also bare in mind if you have TV with them and have a V6 box you cant use business broadband it has to be residential

The Hitron isn't exactly brilliant but its not the worst ive had to use its basically identical to the SHUB3 internally other than having 4 phone ports on it VS 2 it does its job since i dumped the static ip i run mine in modem mode and use my own router so i dont really notice it much and i always get decent speeds so its not really hampering much

business does end up costing more in the end for not much difference i only really got it originally because at the time i wanted static ips which i no longer need but the fact they dont bundle the extra speed behind other bundles and the 12 hour SLA is kinda nice to still have, im just waiting for them to roll out the Gbit one for the extra upload speed lol

That Turned into a bit of a essay but hope it helps lol

Ash
ash45 is offline   Reply With Quote