Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2021, 20:40   #3963
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
This is a chance for the UK to immediately fill the gap to "our Australian friends".
I'm not sure AstraZeneca would be allowed to slow the UK vaccination programme down by exporting vaccinations from the UK right now. In the future, yes.

---------- Post added at 20:40 ---------- Previous post was at 20:35 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
I'm quite sure that the EU sits back with a smirk of satisfaction that they've disreputed a British product. They (i.e. the EU countries) can hide behind the scientific advice that there wasn't enough AZ data covering over-65s; but then the EMA and the UK approved it. That, in turn has caused public rejection and political gobshites, Macron in particular, now having to retract their smirks.
The EMA approved it.

What's held it back is sovereign EU countries placing more restrictions on its use. Furthermotre countries like France are traditionally more vaccine-averse than the UK. Plus AstraZeneca is not an experienced vaccine manufacturer (unlike say Merck) so made a few submission mistakes.