View Single Post
Old 14-03-2020, 22:03   #494
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
On that subject, I was wondering whether the NHS will be prepared for the Christmas baby boom
Funny, missus said that the other day too

---------- Post added at 22:03 ---------- Previous post was at 22:00 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
There's some fairly irrelevant roles that have signed off on that open letter. Progressing through one of those degrees listed and having met two of the people on the list I'm really not sure what gave them the 'expertise' to sign it. Because of that it just looks like anyone that can lay claim to being a 'scientist' signed it. I mean I'm only on year two but I'm fairly confident I have absolutely no idea why the government's plan is wrong. Must be year three when these issues start to become part of my study
It’s a fairly blatant appeal to authority. At least some of those signatories simply don’t have the expertise to pass judgement on the conclusions reached by the relevant scientific advisers and are using the catch-all title “scientist” to get themselves heard. It’s a pity, because we do need a vigorous ongoing debate about the best way of tackling this, but people weighing in and pretending to have insight that they simply don’t, really doesn’t help.