View Single Post
Old 30-06-2018, 09:12   #3346
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
The British Government is well aware of how the EU negotiates. Lay all your cards on the table and they will just rubbish them from the start , for no good reason.

We are playing the EU at their own game and they don't like it. We will come up with a take it or leave it solution at a late hour - just see what they make of that! To refuse it would incur fury from other EU countries who value their trade with GB.

We assume that if you were leading the negotiations, you would have rolled over to have your tummy tickled (or perhaps a punch in the kidneys) a long time ago.
Do see just the two possible negotiations scenarios then? Tell them want we want (what we really, really want) and issue a "take it or leave it" ultimatum or give in to everything they want.

I fear this belligerent and rather myopic approach drives the internal divisions in the Tory party which is the guiding hand on the current (lack of) progress.

---------- Post added at 09:12 ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Are you old?
Of course I am "Old"! If I wasn't, I would not have the "wisdom and experience" to know I am right