View Single Post
Old 14-04-2018, 14:36   #1
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Conor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather II - UFC X

X being the placeholder for a future update.

I believe we're getting closer to an announcement after a 'deal' was struck with Floyds current broadcast partner Showtime, to allow Floyd a bout in the Octagon without breaking contract.

The rumoured ruleset last week was rubbished but has since been expanded on by Dana saying they are in fact exploring a ruleset change. This would see the fighters wear traditional 4-5Oz MMA gloves but no takedowns/kicks.

This still suits McGregor overall though, Mayweather can't defend as well through open gloves. Mayweather's biggest asset has always been his shell and counter, something he'll have to scrap here. McGregor will be twofold more accurate, hit harder and will be able to let fly for all 5 rounds.

As stupid as it originally sounded, it does now get more interesting. You'd have to think now that Mayweather stands that punchers chance that Conor did in the boxing bout.

Issues arise that I posted in the previous thread though. Floyd has notoriously poor hands, I wonder how they get around this issue, it's no fun if he breaks his hand with a single shot landed.