View Single Post
Old 11-04-2018, 12:14   #1
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
A month on, and no phone line still

Having a complete nightmare at the moment.
We moved house recently - in our old house we had Residential BB & phone line, and a business line.

There were various issues around getting the business line moved - namely around not being able to keep the phone number, as was documented elsewhere... anyway, eventually after several weeks we got the agreement that the line could be moved, and we'd switch over the business BB as well, meaning we would only have a residential phone line.

We book in the business install (14th of March), and then the residential install a few days later (19th).

Day of the business install, they do the BB no problem - but says he can't do the business line as there's no capacity in the cabinet - says he needs to get the networks team to increase capacity - because he's business he has no insight into whether all the existing lines are being used as they're residential and has no access to that database. I say we have a residential install happening in the next few days, and will he have the same problem? - he says hopefully not, as he'll be able to tell whether any of the lines are free.. in the meantime he will request for more capacity.

Residential guy turns up, says he can't do anything, doesn't know why he was sent out, since the business guy knows more than he does, and if he's put in a request for more capacity there's no point in him having come out...tells me someone will be in touch in a few days...

After nearly a month of no contact I call them (that said, my wife has been chasing up the business people in the meantime, but has had no luck at all just gets passed around being told someone will call back, but they never do - and this is made even harder given that Virgin Mobile signal here is awful, so we have to stand in the porch to make a call - in the process of moving from Virgin mobile, but these things take time...) - essentially no one can give me an update, or an idea of when the install might be done - the department that is dealing with it can't be contacted, don't provide updates, and can't give any kind of timelines.

So I don't know if I have to wait 6 days, 6 weeks, or 6 months - and now I'm wondering if I shouldn't just go and get a BT line - and cancel the business services and go for BT with that.
Supposedly we're in a contract with virgin for the business stuff, but given they're not providing the services they are contracted for, I don't see how that could be enforceable

Thoughts/comments/suggestion?
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote