View Single Post
Old 04-01-2018, 18:17   #7676
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
[/B]

I think that is the most likely, not least because we are still working on getting our broadband infrastructure up to date. If the streamers won rights to the Premiership matches this time around, too any people would be unable to stream these matches to their TV sets.

I think it is possible that Amazon could go for it this time, but if they do, they could decide to supplement their streaming service with some broadcast linear channels of their own. This would ensure that they had access to maximum audience share.
I very much agree about the future could be streaming for sports. Far too many tosh teams currently in the top flight. Sometimes I can’t even be bothered switching on for an “exciting” Bournemouth vs West Brom game etc.

I believe viewership are down? So that’ll mean ads are down. Sky must be starting to realise it’s value isn’t as high now. Teams like leeds, Derby, forest, Sheffield’s not being present doesn’t help either!
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote