View Single Post
Old 04-01-2018, 16:25   #7675
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
I predicted the gravy train may have hit the buffers some time ago in response to posts that streaming would take over.

The BT/Sky agreement seems to have at least put the brakes on. I read this article twice this morning with interest. PL bosses are still talking up streamer interest despite quotes from those companies denying interest at this time.

The next time PL rights come up for grabs (2021/2022) may be the time streamers try to come on board assuming PL doesn't do the obvious thing - setting up their own subscription based streams.

I think that is the most likely, not least because we are still working on getting our broadband infrastructure up to date. If the streamers won rights to the Premiership matches this time around, too any people would be unable to stream these matches to their TV sets.

I think it is possible that Amazon could go for it this time, but if they do, they could decide to supplement their streaming service with some broadcast linear channels of their own. This would ensure that they had access to maximum audience share.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote