View Single Post
Old 04-01-2018, 15:01   #7674
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
With the fact that the Premier League are making more games available the rights very well could increase overall but it will be interesting to see on a match by match basis.

Sky always paid more and funded it by passing on price increases however this luxury has now come to an end in fact they've had to lower the cost of packages.

I've seen a deal knocking about some are being offered now of Sky Sports for £15 a month for 3 years. If that doesn't tell you how things are going I don't know what does.

I predicted the gravy train may have hit the buffers some time ago in response to posts that streaming would take over.

The BT/Sky agreement seems to have at least put the brakes on. I read this article twice this morning with interest. PL bosses are still talking up streamer interest despite quotes from those companies denying interest at this time.

The next time PL rights come up for grabs (2021/2022) may be the time streamers try to come on board assuming PL doesn't do the obvious thing - setting up their own subscription based streams.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote