View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 23:41   #134
Onramp
Inactive

Onramp will become famous soon enoughOnramp will become famous soon enoughOnramp will become famous soon enough
Re: Project Lightning Silence...

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguy
is Milton Keynes Council next for legal action?
I just moved here, actually. The broadband where I lived before was 4Mbit and I don't think VM were able to deploy lightning where I was before, despite the high demand, any time soon.

Now that CityFibre/Voda are laying tubes down over here, I can't see VM ever being able to justify expanding at this location. They'll probably keep the business lines going in the centre but the old BT TV network will never be replaced or upgraded. There won't be any residential networks being built in MK by VM either since the addition of a TV service won't be enough to persuade people to take their broadband service over Vodafone and there won't be enough demand, either.

If Vodafone ever do buy VM's network however, the CityFibre network might well be used to deliver a triple-play service at that point in time.

Edit: Vodafone are "Making use" of CityFibre's network. Technically VM could also do this in Milton Keynes once the exclusivity period expires between Vodafone and CityFibre.. but they might just have a bad taste in their mouth from what happened last time with BT!

Last edited by Onramp; 04-12-2018 at 23:45.
Onramp is offline   Reply With Quote