View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 19:57   #6
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Discrepancies between e-books and printed versions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Tell that to Elon Musk
He’s going round the moon, not on it. The heavy lifter to do that won’t be available for about five years.

https://www.wired.com/story/spacex-w...s-to-the-moon/
Quote:
Maezawa, who is 42, will the first paying customer to hitch a ride to space on the Big Falcon Rocket, SpaceX’s next-generation rocket. While the rocket and spaceship are still years away from flight, Musk estimated that the circuit around the moon could happen as soon as 2023. He stressed that the vehicle would only carry passengers after several uncrewed test flights were completed.

“We have to set some kind of date [to work to],” Musk said to the assembled crowd. “If everything goes 100 percent right, then this is the date. But there are many uncertainties.”
FYI, the Falcon Heavy Lifter was five years behind schedule.

I hope we get people back on the moon in my lifetime - I remember the first moon landing (I was 12 years old), and I’d like to see more of them.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote