View Single Post
Old 18-05-2019, 16:02   #12
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Re: Would a router be a benefit to me??

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughbeast View Post
I know the cost makes sense when you buy a pair, but to see all those other router features, such as media streaming using the USB 3, go to waste, does my head in. In my case the RT-AC86U was an addition to what I already had. That's an extra £200ish.

What I would like to see is an Aimesh kit with one powerful versatile router coupled with much cheaper dedicated Aimesh routers, with very few of those common router features that are only going to go to waste.
I mean, you can mix and match the various Asus routers so it's not so bad but I understand where you're coming from. The sad part is that even if such a "basic" AIMesh AP existed, it would probably have the same internals anyway.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote