View Single Post
Old 14-05-2019, 15:04   #6
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Would a router be a benefit to me??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalzoo View Post
my connection and wifi have been superb
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalzoo View Post
should get a router or just stick with superhub in router mode.
This is the first time I have ever said this but you should stick with the shub in router mode. Pretty much any third party router you get is going to be better than the shub but in order to benefit from it you actually have to have a reason to need it. Apart from better wifi performance which you don't need (and you linked to a triband router ) there are other benefits such as usb ports for hosting networked storage, remote storage access and network printers.

If finances permit I would always recommend to anyone that they invest in their own router because if you use the internet a lot you are investing in quality and performance on one of the most important pieces of equipment in your house. That being said, you don't need to spend £300 on a router, I have got the one below and it is fantastic.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-RT-AC6...s%2C141&sr=8-3

I cannot stress enough that is you think there is even an inkling that you think your wifi use is going to increase in the future by way of wireless printers, tablets, laptops etc I would highly recommend spending the extra £40 and going for the twin pack for AI Mesh.

In the short term an immediate and significant benefit for you if you did get your own router is being able to set your own DNS servers; it is a god send.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote