View Single Post
Old 15-02-2006, 21:03   #15
littld
Inactive

Services: Phone line
littld has much to be proud oflittld has much to be proud oflittld has much to be proud oflittld has much to be proud oflittld has much to be proud oflittld has much to be proud oflittld has much to be proud oflittld has much to be proud oflittld has much to be proud oflittld has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to littld
Re: Moving from ntl to BT - advice please

Okay ADSL started working today. Picked up a very nice ADSL wireless modem router (LinkSys) AND a PC card for the laptop all for £39.99 at PC World! I think that price is a steal.

Anyway I plugged it in, configured WPA and put in the id and password and it's all working. It surprised me that it was easier than setting up ntl - every time I got a new stb I had to go through the whole rigmarole of restarting everything and typing in the subscriber number etc etc. This was just plug and play.

I am only on 512K but I haven't noticed a difference in speed yet (might do next time I download something big!). So far very impressed.

I'll give it a day to settle in case there are problems and then contact ntl to stop the broadband. Thanks for all your comments.
littld is offline   Reply With Quote