View Single Post
Old 30-05-2022, 16:14   #1578
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
He might have?
Even if something that's said is actually true, it doesn't give someone the moral right to post about it if it causes humiliation, upset etc.

There could be legal consequences too as well as action taken under the online harms legislation.

---------- Post added at 16:12 ---------- Previous post was at 16:10 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Some things can't be unsaid. Now the damage has been done. Apologies are worthless, in my view

The funny thing is, as soon as you complain about this sort of thing, you draw attention to it. Better to ignore such remarks. I got called names at school now and again, as I think we all did from time to time, but it didn't destroy my life and send me over the edge.

Sticks and stones, and all that.
It's called The Barbera Streisand effect.

---------- Post added at 16:14 ---------- Previous post was at 16:12 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
and we care about that muppet because ?

If the bill was actually designed to do what he thinks, it might almost have been useful.

However its not, its designed to allow the government to control everyones access to the internet, and more specifically, control the "social media giants". They dont care how useless or impractical it is, just as long as they "do something".
In this country protective legislation applies to everyone, regardless of whether we personally like them or not.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote