View Single Post
Old 26-05-2022, 13:10   #699
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Energy companies collapse

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
It's a step, and this is going to sound like whining, but i can't help but think that not everyone needs the £400 rebate, I'd rather those earning say over 100k per year were given no rebate whatsoever, the money that they would of received could be given to help others, more.
True, however in an emergency there’s no time to develop means testing procedures, which would come with a cost of their own also. I think the £400 off the bill will also go some way towards helping those who may be property rich but cash poor (i.e. they have a large house, too high up the council tax band to get the larger grant, but the value of the house doesn't accurately reflect their income). The price shock is also so large that even relatively well off people may have short-term problems budgeting around it. The last thing he will want a year or two down the line is rising mortgage defaults and repossessions.

He seems to have been pretty careful to lump most of it into mechanisms which have at least some connection to likely need.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote