View Single Post
Old 16-02-2022, 22:43   #24
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Oscar nominations 2022

That's a shame. It needs to be worth something and not a token gesture. Already films like Belfast have had their advertising changed to read something like "nominated for 5 Academy Awards......"

I imagine the favourite is going to receive a few million votes which is far more than the academy membership so if a film wins "best film" as voted for by so many peeps then in imho it should at the very least win an Oscar. I would like to say that level of attainment and prestige makes it stand above the other categories but there is an arguement to be made about the Academy membership and professionals assessing the technical accomplishments so i am will to say each category has its own merits and neither are more deserving than the other. The fan favourite should definitely have an Oscar.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote