View Single Post
Old 06-01-2022, 23:03   #4
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: 1gb with Hub 4 modem only mode.

there in lies the problem. VM are giving you full speed to the shub and it is either the cables, switches or nics after that that are causing your issues. It is a shame you haven't got a pc you can run a wired test on. Laptops are always flaky performance wise due to resource and power management and either the nics are the bottleneck in terms of straight forward throughput (e.g. can only handle 400mbits) or the cpu (which the nic relies on to process data) can't keep up with that speed due to resource sharing and thus the cpu or ram are a bottleneck for network performance.

You say they are rebuilt but if they are branded laptops it might be worth googling them to see if you can find any reviews or articles where people have commented on what kind of throughput you can expect. I'll be honest and say if I bought a laptop, unless it was £2000 with an ssd and top notch everything, I wouldn't expect to be able to download over 100MB/sec.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote