View Single Post
Old 06-01-2022, 10:49   #2
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: 1gb with Hub 4 modem only mode.

Those power levels are fine. From what I can find the AX92u has a wan to lan throughput of around 940mbits which is the same as my router.

I too have upgraded to 1gbit and I also was given a shub 4. I haven't had a problem with speed tests because the best server to run speed tests on is also geographically the closest to me and so coincidentally was first on the list to use.

Which brings me to my first point. How are you doing your speed tests. I have always used speedtest.net for mine and whilst I have always found it very reliable for all previous tiers of 500mbits and below I have found through a lot of experimenting that there are only two servers for me which can provided consistent results for 1gbit so you might want to try a few different servers.

If that doesn't bear fruit the next best solution to immediately ascertain what the problem is is to put the shub back in router mode and use the built in samknows speed test to do a test. It runs the test straight to router and if you get full speed you know the problem is on the lan side and if you still only get ~500mbits then it is nothing to do with you and a problem VM's side. I hate ro recommend putting the shub back in router mode because I have always had all my shubs in modem mode but on this occasion it is quickest and easiest way to drastically reduce the list of things to troubleshoot.

When in router mode all you need to do is open your web browser and type in

samknows.com/realspeed
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote