View Single Post
Old 06-10-2021, 11:34   #388
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: The future of television

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post

And Sky also stream, I fail to see why that gets discounted almost every time you consider a who’s who of broadcasting. You seem to view streaming as distinct from the television market as a whole which I’ve reminded you on a number of occasions it isn’t. The vast, vast majority of viewers use all the tools at their disposal (streaming, linear, recording) to enjoy TV.

Clearly DAZN are committed to linear broadcasting if they are weighing in to the tune of billions.
I’m sure you are getting muddled here, jfman. Of course Sky and others stream. There is no dispute about that.

If conventional TV costs buttons, then clearly the billions you are talking about must relate to content, which in turn can be used for streaming only when the conventional channels close. In the meantime, both services will operate side by side.