View Single Post
Old 10-09-2004, 20:22   #220
DrAwesome
Inactive

DrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DrAwesome Send a message via MSN to DrAwesome
Smile Re: Want ADSL?-Read on....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadKenny
Cool. Just have to see how it goes anyway.

As for ADSL. I assume all the line tests can be done prior to me buying the modem? I know PlusNet do modems, but I want to get a plain Ethernet ADSL Modem (not router/modem) as I have my self-built router, but I don't want to go buy the modem if the line tests fail.
Solution is simple dont buy the Adsl modem until you get the notice that your line is okay to have Adsl.

I run with both Ethernet Router & Ethernet Adsl/Router & the combination is good, i found looking at the various Adsl Ethernet modems on offer (within my price range) didnt offer that much (with regards to internal modem options) & was such a head spin for choosing as i didnt want to waste my hard earned cash on the wrong type of Adsl modem, so i posted on the forum for any suggestions & Neil suggested Netgear as that was his choice & a good one it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadKenny
i.e. they don't require a modem to be plugged in for the tests?
No

Reading My Thread will help you
DrAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote