View Single Post
Old 08-09-2004, 18:46   #211
Shaun
Inactive

Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Re: Want ADSL?-Read on....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadKenny
In regards to porting the number, would I get a number initially from BT, then if the line is installed okay, I tell NTL I want to cancel and tell BT I want to port the number?
What happens is that you ring BT, book the phone line install (probably free as you are reconnecting) and tell them you want to port your number. They take your current number and account number and give you a date (normally 7 working days). That's it, they come when they say they will, they install the line, and if you give it 24 hours you'll be able to enter your current number into the number checker on the site of your chosen ISP and then order it.

Thats how it all worked for me anyway, I'm now with Bulldog, they are great, a plain net connection, no proxies, no caps, no blocked ports, and they tec/cust services answer the phone fairly quickly. They also have a geographical number for their tec support so you don't have to pay 0870 prices.

Everything you could ask for in an ISP.

www.bulldogdsl.com
0870 BULLDOG (285 5364)
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote