View Single Post
Old 22-08-2019, 10:51   #6155
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver1948uk View Post
Why should we pay for Britbox when that content is currently available free of charge? You can record things you like and watch them whenever you want (even when the broadband is playing up) which for lots of people is far less messing about than streaming.

Is it right that the BBC proposes to make content exclusively for the paid for Britbox service when we are paying a licence fee to cover its 'free' channels?
Nobody is forcing anyone to subscribe to Britbox. Continue to watch what you want if and when it is scheduled on 'normal' tv if you want to, that is fine for the time being.

In the future, the licence fee will be scrapped and you will be able to access Britbox UK by using that saving to subscribe to the streamer. Or use it somewhere else if that is your preference.

I don't know where you get the idea that you can watch what you want on scheduled tv. If I wanted to watch 'The Bodyguard' right now, how would I do that on scheduled tv? Pray tell, because it totallly eludes me!