View Single Post
Old 22-08-2019, 10:26   #6152
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I dunno, a basic grasp of economics?
Maybe you should expand on that argument, particularly given that this mantra of yours contradicts what the industry itself believes will happen.

In fact, I've been using the economic arguments for some time to add to my case that the streamers will take over from the scheduled channels.

---------- Post added at 10:26 ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 ----------

[QUOTE=jfman;36007022]There are TV channels that operate with a far lower budget then ITV. Literally every single one that isn't run by the BBC.

I agree content costs money, the rest of it is too small to be relevant. ITV, and others can and will maintain a presence even when they are primarily streaming.

I don't know why you ask "can't you see?" the answer is emphatically no. Because your argument has no sound basis in economics.[/QUOTE]

So it is economic to run channels at a loss? Was it the LSE you went to, jfman, or was it the Diane Abbot School of Economics?