View Single Post
Old 22-03-2019, 22:39   #5
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age
Re: Discount ends before the end of the contract!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Last month I negotiated a discounted deal for TV and accepted a further 12 month contract.

Each year that i've done this, the contract and offers have been for 12 months. However, after checking my bill, the discounts end in 6 months!

I'm worried that, in 6 months time, I could in theory still be in contract for a further 6 months with no discounts and no leverage. I called them today and got through to the offshore call centre, who said not to worry as new discounts can be applied in 6 months.

But why would they do this if they know I can't leave? Are they talking nonsense and is it now the norm that discounts only run for the first half of the contract?

Thanks.

This happens all the time. I guarantee that at some point before or soon after your 6 months end VM will put the price up and that's then your opportunity to negotiate with retentions from a position of strength as long as you ring them within the 30 day window.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote