View Single Post
Old 18-03-2018, 11:13   #1202
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Government & Post Election Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
More Project Fear Old Boy. It will be just fine on 25th May. I've seen it at first hand in both large and small organisations. Sounds like a consultant is having a banquet at someone's expense! A single set of rules will apply to all EU member states which simplifies matters, for example. We can't uninvent digital rights and the predecessor Data Protection Directive was from 1995!
You seem completely blind to the additional burden on small organisations.

As I said, I don't have a problem with the principle of the legislation, but the kack handed way it expects the law to be applied. This 'single set of rules' could be applied simply by setting out what is expected of us all rather than have everyone chasing their tails putting in place privacy notices, etc.

Even if that was justified, why has the ICO not made models available? Instead, everybody has to draft from scratch. Do the EU think we have nothing better to do with our time?