View Single Post
Old 25-09-2017, 11:20   #8
toonlight
cf.addict

Location: On the highest mountian, looking into your bedroom wondering..hehe
Services: B/B VM100 (MB)
toonlight is a jewel in the roughtoonlight is a jewel in the roughtoonlight is a jewel in the roughtoonlight is a jewel in the roughtoonlight is a jewel in the rough
Re: Terrestrial TV Switch-Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onramp View Post
I know you don't need a TV license to own or use a TV. I'm suggesting that they will instead probably change that to being a license for an Internet connection /capable/ of receiving streamed PSB content. They might even use that to help fund a basic broadband service for PSB streaming and gov.uk only at 10Mbits/s (using some of the not-auctioned-off channels left over from the inevitable DTT switch-off)
I understand you fully but if so they'd have to change a host of data protection laws plus many others if they think they could get away with it. (detect what you are watching) I'd only thing you'd only see it as a last case measure after 2020 when the BBC finally goes broke with it's current government mandate. By then the public would had more than gut's full of the BBC/TVL & put up the middle finger up to them fully unlike now days.
toonlight is offline   Reply With Quote