View Single Post
Old 14-07-2017, 15:04   #1853
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
But, theone, Ofcom are there to protect the consumer. If they are all as bad as one another as you say, that is more reason to get involved on behalf of consumers.

If VM had their own exclusive channels, this would not solve the problem of not being able to see the programmes you want that are on exclusive channels on other platforms.

I want AMC, Sky Atlantic and ITV Encore on Virgin Media, as I think it is a rip off to expect me to pay Sky an additional sum of money to see these programmes on Now TV, and to fork out pay per view money to Amazon to see AMC dramas.

I am against exclusivity involving programmes, period. I think this practice should be halted by law.
And vm.sky,bt etc wonder why people go down the grey area route for content.
Instead of blocking sites they should attempt to put all that energy into sitting down together and thrashing out deals so content can legally be more widely available.
This is just my two cents worth lol but like many i'm growing sick and tired of the cost of tv/broadband rising, poor customer service and getting restricted to what i can do online.
I'm now with a small company (they don't offer tv but i still have sky until my sky contract ends) for £24pm i get 38mbs bb with 10mbs upload truly unlimited it is never slowed down plus payg calls and no sites are blocked either.
I don't hold the big 5 to blame btw for sites getting blocked i blame studios and judges who need to get with the time, again this is only my opinion.
Edit - by get with the times i mean make companies admit that by blocking sites their service is not unlimited as you are restricted, also my gripe with sites getting block is perfectly legal content is getting caught up in the blocks such as legal torrent sites that host drm free content and content from small producers who just want their music to be heard by as many people as possible (yes there is youtube for that but youtube can be a git too for copyright i myself have had several notices for certain music that was in my live gaming streams).

Last edited by theone2k10; 14-07-2017 at 15:09.