View Single Post
Old 27-03-2016, 14:01   #43
tweedle
Permanently Banned

tweedle is a jewel in the roughtweedle is a jewel in the roughtweedle is a jewel in the roughtweedle is a jewel in the roughtweedle is a jewel in the rough
Re: BBC license change to cover catchup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
The BBC is fantastic value for money when compared to Cable or Satellite. Most of their output is original, and most cable channels just repeat it. Not just tv, radio and websites -all ad free.

Lots of people agree with me:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lzS8yW8INA
I my house the BBC channels never watched, we enjoy ITV and C4, and many other channels. So too me the BBC is a rip off and many many agree with me.

---------- Post added at 14:01 ---------- Previous post was at 13:58 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
How much do you spend on cable, satellite subscription in a year for mostly repeated programming of low quality dross? Are you sure you never use the BBC - local radio, weather, traffic, website? I think many take these things for granted. If we relied on commercial TV, some of the best TV drama would never get made - we'd be left with tabloid TV.

It's only TV, close the BBC let me save £145 a year or let those that want it subscribe to it. It's only TV. Just like those that don't want Virginmedia TV choose not to subscribe to it.

If the BBC is so amazing I'm sure everyone currently paying the TV licence or face prison will keep willingly paying.

I can't think of a single programme any of my kids have ever watched on the BBC,
tweedle is offline   Reply With Quote