View Single Post
Old 27-01-2021, 20:01   #8465
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phunkenstein View Post
So (apart from Vice) that is the A&E UK portfolio and the remaining NBCU channels.

Curious to see what happens here - the A&E channels are a JV with Sky so wondering if we may see History 2, C&I and Lifetime appear on Now TV?

More interesting will be what happens with Syfy and E! given they are controlled by Sky and if I am correct, their outstanding carriage deals are now done (TalkTalk have dropped their tv packages and on Virgin they are part of the Sky deal) once they are removed from BT... E! feels like a diminished channel (and likely even more once KUWTK is done) and Syfy, though trucking along with some cheap new additions, does not appear to be a destination for premium programming... wondering if a rebrand or closure is imminent for one or both?
It's certainly not a coincidence that all but one of these channels are in some way controlled by Sky. It's just them trying to force more BT customers over to the NOW TV packages, and I think all the channels will continue on other platforms as they are.