View Single Post
Old 27-01-2021, 18:21   #8464
Phunkenstein
cf.addict

Phunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the rough
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Plusnet set to lose 7 channels email i got.

Hope you’re enjoying the great entertainment on YouView. We just need to let you know about changes to some of the channels you can access through your channel packs on YouView.
What’s changing?
After 28th February the below channels will be removed from your channel pack(s).
• VICE
• Crime and Investigation
• Sky History
• Sky History 2
• Lifetime
• SyFy*
• E!*
*These channels will be removed after 31st March.
So (apart from Vice) that is the A&E UK portfolio and the remaining NBCU channels.

Curious to see what happens here - the A&E channels are a JV with Sky so wondering if we may see History 2, C&I and Lifetime appear on Now TV?

More interesting will be what happens with Syfy and E! given they are controlled by Sky and if I am correct, their outstanding carriage deals are now done (TalkTalk have dropped their tv packages and on Virgin they are part of the Sky deal) once they are removed from BT... E! feels like a diminished channel (and likely even more once KUWTK is done) and Syfy, though trucking along with some cheap new additions, does not appear to be a destination for premium programming... wondering if a rebrand or closure is imminent for one or both?