View Single Post
Old 02-09-2020, 07:55   #13
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one
Re: Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Remember this is an early version of the software so things may get changed but this is the current state.

The mini box acts like a main box but has no disk - all recordings from either are only recorded on the main box (no cloud).
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Are you able to tell us if you can record stuff to the cloud on it?

---------- Post added at 07:46 ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 ----------

No - it requires VM Broadband.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Can you have it without VM Broadband ?

---------- Post added at 07:48 ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 ----------

Yes and as it was replacing V6 boxes it was really easy. The boxes look the same apart from the mini is half the height.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Cool. Was it self-install? I'd have thought it was in current climate.

---------- Post added at 07:49 ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 ----------

Yes - which is the weak point of the mini I think as it can not easily be moved. Would be nice for it to receive the video via wifi (like SkyQ).

The two boxes themselves connect via you own network.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
Does the mini box require a connection to VM through coax?

---------- Post added at 07:51 ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 ----------

If you have a lot of recordings then you are best stay with the current boxes for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
i'm intrigued by this too.

we currently have three v6s which we use constantly to record on all 3 boxes. so i think replacing that with 1 box and 2 minis doesnt seem to be particular good.

ill just stay with my v6s i think!

---------- Post added at 07:55 ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 ----------

There are invites being offered to selected users. I have no idea what the requirements are for the invites.

It may be dependent of what you have now as VM might not be doing installs currently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxfordmark View Post
How have you got this?
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote