View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 15:44   #9
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: Pavement Parking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy View Post
How about seeing it from the viewpoint those who use the pavements as pedestrians? Of course if the handicapped take their walking aids and mobility scooters on the road that won't please the motorists..
I use pavements too!

It's not a massive issue to make an abrupt change that can actually be made to have more dire consequences than it actually solves.

People forced to park directly on the road means less space for two lanes of traffic so, congestion builds and people die in ambulances because they cannot get to the hospitals swiftly.

---------- Post added at 15:44 ---------- Previous post was at 15:24 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy View Post
Motorists can't be king of the roads AND the pavements.
Then this where the current law should apply, they are causing an obstruction and should be dealt with accordingly, I don't think Paul and I am not either, advocating a "sod all else" and ownership of the pavements, there are many UK roads that are just not wide enough to allow adequate free flow of traffic, if people are forced to fully park on the roads it will cause massive issues.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote