View Single Post
Old 11-05-2019, 20:17   #5263
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Oh I completely agree , I've said for a long while it won't take long before you are paying as much as the entry level packages from the likes of Sky , Virgin and BT.

Another thing worth mentioning what happens if they struggle with attracting new subscriber numbers or worst case scenario see a decline ? People will then end up having to pay even more or they'll have to look at advertising to help them out.
Even if what you say is correct, which I doubt, frankly, a streaming service such as Netflix charging those entry level fees will still be much better value.

How you can imagine subscriptions to Netflix declining when they are attracting more and more subscribers to the areas currently served and are expanding to become a world service, I cannot fathom. And as others have speculated, a free (or reduced subscription level) service with ads will attract even more money to SVOD.

I don't understand why you should want these new services with so much more content to fail. They have transformed the viewing experience for me and no doubt a great many others..

---------- Post added at 20:17 ---------- Previous post was at 20:12 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Keep it up MM as your pearls of reality very quickly dissipate the fantasies of those who can't see the wood from the trees.
Clearly, Den, you want SVOD to fail. I don't know why this is the case - I understand you subscribe to Netflix yourself.

No doubt, you would not do so if you thought it to be poor value for money.