Thread: General Channels switched to MPEG4
View Single Post
Old 29-04-2019, 09:08   #32
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Channels switched to MPEG4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Yeah, I should have said 1-5 SD.

So it looks like we might still be recording BBC1 and ITV in the less efficient format of MPEG2. As i'm running low on disc space, I'll ensure that I watch things on these channels first as it might help.
Being in Scotland 1-3 have HD swapped, so we're using more disk space for those.
(Strictly speaking recording other areas mean we don't have to yet, but we have plenty disk space so it's not a problem.)

The speed of BBC1 and ITV regions being converted to HD is holding it up. I'm not actually sure how far off ITV are now, the BBC still has quite a few to do I understand, as they say they don't have the money to push on.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote