View Single Post
Old 28-03-2020, 13:43   #68
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Data Breach Incident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
You really want to waste police time over this? I bet virgin staff would jump for joy when finally go.Which I don't think you ever will guess what freeview won't gives damn about you!
Explain where it was mentioned that any police time was wasted and by whom? I bet Virgin staff would jump for joy more when you stop stealing Virgin Media services as yoy have admitted to and putting their livelihoods in difficulty.

---------- Post added at 13:27 ---------- Previous post was at 13:27 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
I hope you get a big fat zero.
And why would that be?

---------- Post added at 13:30 ---------- Previous post was at 13:27 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Just because you have a ex directory number does NOT mean you will not get calls from the call centres that scam you. All they do is use an auto dialer device with software that can be programmed to dial numbers in a given range, IE 01946 000001 to 01946 999999. They can also give out random numbers to fool the anonymous caller systems. As you can see they can cover every number. They can also do the same for mobile numbers as well. The area codes for the uk are freely available on the internet and you can bet they share them from centre to centre. So just because you suddenly start getting calls does not mean your number has been found from a hack of a server but it could be because someone is using a dialer and software
Yes, i've read that they do this. The calls started about the time of the data breach, but you're right, it might not have been due to the data breach itself. Nevertheless, the data breach caused me unneccesary upset and worry when I received these calls.

---------- Post added at 13:43 ---------- Previous post was at 13:30 ----------

Some more info about it along with some security tips here:

https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/202...has-your-data/
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote