View Single Post
Old 21-03-2020, 07:33   #7448
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Bandwidth will be made available as it is needed, and as it has done up until now. The coronavirus outbreak and the measures that have been taken to counteract it were not expected. With the sudden increased demand for streaming services and working from home, this has put the whole system under strain.

I have stated repeatedly on here that the future I envisage is related to 2035. What you and my other detractors on here keep doing is looking at every new situation and claiming that my prediction has not come to pass. This is not 2035, it's 2020 unless I've just gone through a timewarp.

I would like to know why you guys keep up these same tired arguments, despite the progress you see all around you. I guess I have some sympathy with you though Chris because I know that you have virtually no internet capacity where you live, but if you did have gigabit broadband I dare say you would see the future in a different light.

The 'lack' of electricity and bandwidth that may exist now will be resolved over the decade and things will look very different. But hey, if you believe that we will simply continue as we are now, that's fine. We'll look back on your scepticism in 15 years, and will we laugh? Yes, we will, and we will recall with amazement all that crap they pushed out on those inflexible scheduled TV channels, inundated with commercials! We will split our sides remembering all those recordings we tried to squeeze into our space limited hard drives and wonder how we managed before VOD and bookmarking. Oh, the good old days!

---------- Post added at 20:34 ---------- Previous post was at 20:26 ----------

Virgin Media have negotiated a deal with NBC/Universal to bring their customers new cinema releases to help compensate for the cinemas being impacted by the Coronavirus.

https://www.virginmedia.com/corporat...versal-at-home
I don't need to wait fifteen years to get a laugh out of this subject.