View Single Post
Old 14-10-2021, 08:25   #11
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold
Re: Why TV only customers are only allowed to have an old Tivo box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inactive Digital View Post
What's the expected lifespan of a set top box spec? I'm guessing it's probably different for a consumer-bought unit compared to VM's business model where they have to purchase and supply millions of units to customers.

The Tivo was launched around 2010 and was never the snappiest, but the plum update in 2015/16(?) slowed it down even further - it was painfully slow at performing some tasks as a result. Was it a case a VM choosing a poor spec from the get go, or did Tivo's software advance more than was initially anticipated? Or maybe a bit of both, or maybe norther of those?!
When I had TiVo it was slow and turgid. It never worked properly for me and I never managed to get multi-room working. The V6 was a breath of fresh air in terms of speed and functionality. I find the 360 snappier still, a little low on features at present, but what it does it does well.
heavyside is offline   Reply With Quote