Thread: Windows 11
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2021, 21:32   #133
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Re: Windows 11

How to get the full right click menu back instead of hitting Shift F10 or Show More Options
1. Open Regedit by hitting the Windows key and typing regedit. Hit Enter to launch it.
2. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\CLSID
3. Right-click > New > Key, and paste in this name: {86ca1aa0-34aa-4e8b-a509-50c905bae2a2}
4. With the new key you just created highlighted, again right-click > New > Key, and paste in this name: InprocServer32
5. Double-click the (Default) registry entry and then hit Enter without typing anything to set its value to blank. Before making this change, you'll see under the Data column that it says (value not set), but once you hit Enter it'll show nothing.
6. Close Registry Editor. To see your new (classic) context menu, either restart your computer or open Task Manager, scroll down to the Windows Explorer process, and right-click > End task. Then File > Run new task and type explorer.exe to restart the Windows explorer process. And there you go: context menus changed!

---------- Post added at 21:32 ---------- Previous post was at 21:21 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post
To anyone out there using windows 11 im wondering how do you get thumbnails on folders for folders that has pictures in them.

I have attached a picture of windows 10 and windows 11 to explain what i mean.

Thanks.
from what I have been able to glean on this subject it appears the thumbnail folder preview has been removed from windows 11. A reg hack may well show up at some point or M$ may well add it back if enough people complain
Jaymoss is offline   Reply With Quote