View Single Post
Old 03-07-2022, 10:11   #15
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Re: Are you Eligible for the £140 Warm Home Discount?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
Our twins both receive mean tested "income related ESA". But they have never been able to claim the Warm Home Discount, as the income and savings of the entire household are taken into account.
I think it has always related to the bill payer and his/her spouse. If one of them was the bill payer (or main account holder) then under the new rules I imagine it would be considered.

When claiming for the broader group you have always had to qualify on 2 criteria. 1 being the main benefit and 2 either income or other aspects of benefits. Because I was always on ESA Support group I qualified on the fact I get a disability premium as part of it covering both criteria

---------- Post added at 10:11 ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 ----------

If you look at Octopus broader group criteria household income is only considered if you choose that option as your Option 1 Income Related ESA would be your choice making income irrelevant as long as you qualified for one part of section 2

https://octopus.energy/blog/warm-home-discount/
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote