View Single Post
Old 28-05-2018, 19:26   #18
Chloé Palmas
Inactive

Services: Sky HD (2 TB / 1.5 TB MultiRoom) Sky Fiber Max
Chloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Irish referendum on abortion May 25 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I'd like to know why men had a vote, it has naff all to do with them.
You know when I saw your post yesterday I thought that it was so preposterous it was unworthy of response but now I realize how dangerous your line of thinking is.

I don't know whether you are biologically unaware of what it involves in regards to conception (guy inserting penis into the vagina of the woman) or you just think that prejudicial baring of people from voting is the way to go or perhaps you are so far gone that you are so okay with abortion that only the carrier's views are important but any and or all reasoning equates to your end view as disgusting.

Luckily though, you don't see the likes of me saying that no men should have no right to free speech even though I find your views repellent.

---------- Post added at 18:26 ---------- Previous post was at 18:19 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
You could also say why should a man have a say on woman being forced to carry a child though the entire pregnancy?
If it is his baby why should only the mother have a right to determine whether the child is born or killed though?

Quote:
Ultimately that's what is at the heart of the issue. The rights of a fetus/unborn child vs the rights of the woman. In the end I don't think society should compel women to carry children and all the medical consequences and risks that come with that.
It comes down to an issue of ownership, every single time. If she has a right to kill her child, why don't the rest of us have that right, too? Does she get special dispensation just purely because she is carrying the child?

Quote:
Personally I question the point of a referendum on the rights of others.
I think that deep down it is to show that there is a decency among society to care enough about the value of others without a conflict of interest in their own outcome through it all that there is enough value above ones self. Sure if everything we voted about, was effecting what was in our own interest, we would continue to vote in favor of what benefited us, no? Unless we had a lot of selfless members of the electorate...which we clearly don't.
Chloé Palmas is offline   Reply With Quote