View Single Post
Old 28-05-2018, 12:06   #16
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: Irish referendum on abortion May 25 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
But how do the people who voted the other way view them 33.6% voted no .
You need to ask them, not me

---------- Post added at 12:06 ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Yes, well you see, that's why so many people voted to legalise it. To many people, abortion just means an operation to remove an unwanted fetus. The words used are deliberately designed to mask the stark reality and horror of the process.

Call it emotive if you like, but when you have an abortion, you are actually killing a baby.. To my mind, an abortion in the early weeks of pregnancy is one thing, but at 24 weeks of pregnancy it is fully formed and is clearly a baby. The criteria used is wrong - it shouldn't be based on viability outside the womb, it should be based on the baby's consciousness and ability to feel pain.

The stories of aborted babies struggling to breathe being left on a slab for hours to die are heartbreaking. Not very civilised, if you ask me.
Again you are painting a deliberately emotive and distorted picture of what was voted for, as Hugh pointed out.

Do you not think, as you believe for a far less decisive Brexit vote, that the "losers" should shut up and buy into the winning decision?